home c.v. coaching contact blog

Thursday 23 May 2013

Summer is here

Last night I managed to get my first post-childrens-bedtime evening session outside. A sure sign that the days are getting long and Summer is here...
Just to be boring, and as it is very much local, I headed back to Summit Quarry (again...) and did another new silly little filler in line which has quite pleasant technical climbing, it goes at about E5 6c and is called Sam I Am because the possibility of the line occured to mewhile I was bathing my son (Sam) just before I got out.
Anyway the crux is very much at slightly highball bouldering height, but probably worth taking up a rope and some friends for the high break. I climbed the line ground up, with a couple of jump offs at the crux before commiting to it.
There are still a couple more link-ups to go on this wall, a very tight eliminate line, and a boulder problem traverse and then it will be pretty much climbed out.

Sam I Am (E5 6c) from nik jennings on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment